a journey made by car, bus, etc.
It started with a little conversation complaining how ‘busy’ we both were and how we would love to get away for a little bit. This quickly escalated to choosing dates and booking our glamour tent and telling ourselves that 5 days to drive to and from Portland was adequate.
Sometimes you just need to get away and breathe the air while listening to music and laughing until your sides hurt.
I am pretty sure we spent more time together in these 5 days then we have spent together in the span of our friendship, but I can easily say I love Ewa more today then I did before we left.
Here are some favourite moments from our short but lovely road trip.
1) Speaking ALL the accents
3) Very frequent pee breaks… some of which turned out to be quite hilarious
4) Heavy breathing
5) Guys who stare at other girls while on dates (not cool guys)
7) Beers wherever and whenever we wanted, this included beer before coffee while in bed
8) The ocean
9) Bass players who are clearly in love with lead singers
10) Hell VASHIA
11) Christine Dior
13) Tim AKA Olllllld SCHOOL (what a fucking gem this guy was, I feel like he must be a Portland staple)
14) Car dancing
15) Driving through Twilight
16) FINALLY finding a radio station that basically saved our lives. Seattle 107.2 old school hip hop on Sunday nights… come on!
17) The amazing border patrol officer entering the states, the HORRENDOUS one when leaving
18) Driving through every single season
19) Throat spray
Yea, I know you won’t get all of these, but that is a short list for a short trip. But, there is something about being in a car so much and still being able to have the best time. I always liked the whole ‘It’s in the getting there’ statement… but now I appreciate it a little more.